Accessing public hearings remotely
As of August 2020, there are no emergency rders or measures in place which would prevent the city from holding public hearing according to the normal routine. As always, Public Comments may be submitted on any items through the email address PublicHearingComments@DriggsIdaho.org, or in writing at PO Box 60, Driggs Idaho 83422. Comments may also be submitted in person at the scheduled hearings.
Should circumstances change due to COVID-19 or any other issue, which make in-person public heaings unsafe, the city will adopt the following protocols for remote, or dial-in meeting.
For more information regarding COVID-19 please see this page.
Instructions for Citizens to participate in remote public hearings:
- By personal computer - Tune in using Zoom.us. See the current agenda for the meeting or hearing you would like to attend for information to access a meeting using Zoom
- By phone - See the current agenda for the meeting or hearing you would like to attend for a dial-in phone number and access ID specific for that meeting
Attending a meeting by phone or Zoom will allow you to listen to the meeting, however, there may not be an option to participate or comment via phone or Zoom. If you wish to submit a comment on a particular application, please submit your comment by email or voicemail before 5pm on the day before the meeting is to take place, as noted below. You may also submit a comment during the public comment portion of the public hearing by following the instructions below.
- Submit by mail (City of Driggs, PO Box 48 Driggs, ID 83422)
- Submit comment by phone and voicemail (208-354-2362 ext. 1007)
- Submit comment by email (PublicHearingComments@driggsidaho.org)
All comments must include your name and address of residence (no mailing, or temporary addresses). Please reference which public hearing you are commenting on and whether your position on the application is in favor, neutral, or opposed to the application, and your reasons why, if desired. Comments must be received by 5pm on the day before the hearing to be included. The City is not responsible for lost mail, or email traffic.
1. To Comment in Zoom: Press "Raise Hand" button, and you will be recognized when appropriate. To "Raise Hand" from a phone connection, follow the directions from Zoom, or pres *9. (The city cannot guarantee that your Zoom connection will work. You are responsible to confirm this.)
2. Submit a comment by email (PublicHearingComments@driggsidhao.org)
3. Submit a comment by voicemail (208-354-2362 ext. 1007)
Questions or concerns regarding attending public meetings remotely or for additional information, please contact Driggs Planning & Zoning Administrator, Leanne Bernstein, by phone at 208-354-2362 ext 2106, or by email at LBernstein@driggsidaho.org. If you feel that you will not be able to attend a public meeting by the above methods, please contact city staff at least 24 hours in advance and we will do our best to assist you.
All public meetings are recorded. Meeting minutes will be posted to the City's website upon approval.