Special Event Permit

In preparation for the Solar Eclipse in August 2017, the city has adopted a Special Event Permit. The Special Event Permit allows property owners to host short term events and/or lodging amenities in exchange for compensation that would otherwise not be allowed under the current zoning. This may be particularly useful during the eclipse weekend.

Temporary Lodging Options:

  • Nightly rental of private residence/room (ex. Airbnb, VRBO): Nightly rentals are not regulated by the Land Development Code at this time. However, if you are renting your property or a portion thereof for a period less than 30 days in exchange for compensation, you must register as a business and ensure that state sales tax (6%), state lodging tax (2%) and Driggs resort tax (0.5%) are all collected. 
  • RV or Tent Camping at your home: RV or Tent camping  without compensation is not regulated*, but if you charge a fee then only 1 RV or tent site is permitted. 2 or more RV or tent sites with compensation will require a Special Event Permit. 
    • *City Code only permits 1 RV to be parked on a property for a maximum of 3 months if connected to the sewer. 

Special Event:

Other events, food/beverage vending, or outdoor lodging options that are beyond the scope of normal operations for the location may be reviewed through a Special Event Permit. 

Special Event Permit Ordinance 379-17 

Application form