A Lot Split is a simplified alternative to the Subdivision process that allows subdivision of lots under the following conditions:
- The number of resulting lots does not exceed 2.
- The lot is a Lot of Record and has not been divided since December 1, 1992.
- Each proposed lot meets the requirements of the Land Development Code and other applicable adopted plans and policies.
- The division does not require the extension of public utilities (other than individual service lines) and no substantial alteration of existing utilities is involved.
- The division does not require new public streets, and each proposed lot has either approved access to an existing public street or a recorded easement.
Any subdivisions of lots that do not meet these conditions are required to undergo the Subdivision process.
Application Fee: $450
Section 14.5.4 of the Land Development Code further outlines the application requirements and review process for a Lot Split.
Deputy Planning & Zoning Administrator
Annie Dell'Isola, CFM
208-354-2362 ext 2105